The Power of Me Summer Program
The Power of Me Summer Program
The goal of this program is for teens in the program to educate other teens in the community about developing positive behaviors around health, mental wellness, and violence
The Power of Me Summer Program is a 5-week leadership Experience for teens.
The summer program is based on the Social Change Model of Leadership Development which provides a platform for leadership development and experiential learning. Participants will develop the aptitude that that learning happens through a process when we try to make meaning from our experiences (reflecting on what we’ve done).
During the program, teens will be introduced to several themes such as health, mental wellness, and violence. Weekly teens will explore the chosen themes, then develop a community project and social media project to educate the community about these themes. Through this process, teens will get the opportunity to create an impact on themselves, families, local community, and potentially the world at large. Thus, helping them develop a sense of identity and purpose.
- Develop more grit, grow as critical thinkers and increase their failure resiliency.
- Be empowered and exposed to opportunities where they can enact some kind of positive social change. During these opportunities, they will develop leadership skills in making a change to help the community function more effectively and humanely.
- Establish a sense of a positive identity and purpose
Location: The program will be held at the Mt. Carmel Church of God in East Hartford
Dates: July 10 – August 10, 2018.
Time: 9:00- 2:00pm
Investment: $50 weekly
Highlights of the Dr. Jackie Soaring into Greatness Movement
Life Empowerment Facebook Group
There you will receive weekly inspiration as move towards living a life on purpose
- Market Wednesdays, an opportunity to network and share resources and services that can enhance the larger community.
- Gratitude Fridays, a day where you will have the opportunity to reflect and share with the group your blessings for the past week.
In The Company of Greatness
The mission of In the Company of Greatness is to build network and community of successful and like-minded individuals who are moving into new dimensions of purpose within their businesses, ministries, book writing or community endeavors.This networking group will provide individuals the support to expand their business ventures with the following opportunities:
- Joint ventures, client leads, partnerships, speaking and writing opportunities, business or asset sales
- Connections, which will open the door to talk to highly influential people that you would not otherwise be able to easily talk to or find.
- Explore best practices; receive, and provide solutions to problems or issues within their business that need solving, or receive the satisfaction in helping someone to solve a problem advice from them on all sorts of things related to your business or even your personal life and obtaining that important work-life balance.
- Enhance visibility and get noticed
- Increased confidence and the opportunity to be in an empowering and uplifting community
- Development of new friendships